POLICY, USE AND MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES
When using the Eurobotónia’s site, the information relating to the navigation of your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.), may be recorded in “cookies” files placed on your device, subject to any choices you have expressed about cookies. You can set your browser settings to reject cookies but please bear in mind that, if you do this, certain personalised features of our site cannot be provided to you.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file saved by the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone which keeps limited user data to facilitate browsing and allow certain features, e.g. online shopping baskets and personal recommendations based on what you have viewed.
There are two types of cookies:
- first party cookies, by Eurobotónia for the purposes of browsing and the operation of the site;
- third-party cookies from third-party partner companies to identify your interests and send you personalised offers. These third-party cookies are directly managed by the companies that publish them and must also comply with the data protection regulations.
WHY ARE COOKIES, TAGS & TRACKERS USED?
Cookies that we use on our site and mobile applications (apps) allow us:
- to adapt the presentation of our site according to the type of device used (e.g. tablet),
- to adapt the presentation of our site according to the preferences of each user,
- to memorise information relating to a form that you have filled in on our site (registration or access to your account, subscribed service, contents of your shopping basket, etc.),
- to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of our site (e.g. My Account, through login information),
- to implement security measures (e.g. when you are asked to log back into your account after a certain period of time),
- to share information with advertisers on other websites to offer you relevant advertising in line with your interests. As such, we use advertising cookies,
HOW TO CONFIGURE COOKIES, TAGS AND TRACKERS?
Eurobotónia collects your prior consent to the use of advertising, audience measurement and social network sharing cookies in accordance with data protection law.
At any time, you can express and modify your wishes in terms of cookies, by the means described below.
Configuration of your web browsing software
You can set your web browsing software so that cookies are saved in your device or, on the contrary, are blocked ‒ either systematically or depending on their source. You may also configure your web browsing software so that you are prompted each time to allow or block cookies before a cookie can be saved to your device.
How do you implement your preference based on the browser you use?
To manage cookies and your preferences, each browser is configured in a different way. It is described in your browser’s help menu, which will explain to you how to modify your cookies preferences.
- For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-EN/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies ,
- For Safari™: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html ,
- For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=95647 ,
- For Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/en/kb/ ,
- For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Configuration of your smartphone operating system
- For iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-en/HT201265
- For Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/topic/3434352